How do you earn your GED®?
The GED® is a set of tests, when passed, that certify a test taker has met high school level academic skills. If the test taker achieves honor scores on the tests, the scores indicate the test taker is either college or career ready.
The GED® is available in AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY, and D.C.
There are four exams on the GED® Test. They include Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies. Each test has a variety of Multiple Choice, Drag and Drop, Hot Spot, Fill in the Blank, Short Answer, and Extended Response. View a sample of GED Test Questions (pdf) and then explore the i-Pathways Sample Lessons.
i-Pathways provides the instruction and preparation for the GED® Exam in each content area and you can prepare for the test by enrolling in an adult education program or at home, but it is important to note the exam cannot be taken online. The official GED® Exam must be taken at an official testing center. Each test can be taken individually, or all at one time.
i-Pathways is an online curriculum that provides students with the opportunity to set an individual study schedule and prepare for all portions of the High School Equivalency Exam. Each content area includes multiple lessons, activities, and learning checks to assess your skills. Math begins with understanding place value and goes all the way to understanding quadratic equations. Writing begins with understanding sentences and guides you all the way through being successful with essays. Science and Social Studies covers all the content needed to be successful on these portions of the exam. The i-Pathways program works on any device you have that will connect to the Internet. This includes desktops, cell phones, or tablet devices.
i-Pathways was certified by ProCert as meeting 100% of the GED® Exam objectives, and having a 4.5 rating out of 5.0 for the instructional flow and organization of the content. Comments from ProCert indicate the quality of the i-Pathways instruction.
- The course objectives are clearly defined.
- The course objectives prepare the students to succeed on the exam.
- The course objectives can be found in the introduction at the beginning of each lesson.
- The course does not appear to have any grammatical or spelling errors.
- The style of writing is wonderful. Each introduction incorporates real life, everyday situations to engage the learner.
- The labeling of graphics, illustrations, tables and charts makes it easy for the learner to understand the content.
- There is an accurate table of contents that clearly identifies the subject matter in order.
- The course is clearly labeled and does not distract from the content.
- The glossary is easy to access and use. It is also has appropriate terms from the course.
- The content is thorough and prepares the learner for the exam.
- The course content is accurate.
- The course headlines reflect the content to be learned.
- The course summaries let the learner reflect on what they just read.
- The course content flows and is easy to follow and comprehend.
- Examples are used frequently to help the learner understand the content.
- The graphics, illustrations, photos and other visual aides are effectively situated throughout the course.
- There are questions throughout the units and the learner can answer the question and check the answer for accuracy.
- If a learner still needs help at the end of the lesson, a link is offered so the learner can review further.
- The videos help the learner solidify his/her knowledge of the topic.
Other options are available for accessing i-Pathways to prepare for the GED® test including deployments for Programs and Organizations, Correctional Education, Offline Education, and Home Schooling. Review all the ways to access i-Pathways.